5/29/10

a psychadelic evening in indonesia...

friends of mine know that i have never been one to turn down a short escape from reality, primarily if it involves herbal or natural influence.. also, luckily for me, my personality doesnt lend itself to any kind of addiction (except for travel, food, and chess).. so when tobi, a german guy i met, told me that hallucinogenic mushrooms were not only legal here, but very cheap, i had to give it a go.. i did kinda feel like a teenager again which made me laugh.. i wouldnt trust anything sold on the street here, but this was at a licensed shop.. when in rome, eat pizza!! it made for a crazy evening which was mostly spent walking around small 'gangs' (alleyways) and staring at the night sky and at a baby monkey (a pet at the place i stayed that night).. it was nice to clear my mind for a night and just relax, but i woke up covered in sweat the next morning after a very vivid dream that my brother johnny and i lived together in the jungle and ate anyone who came near us!! haha..


No comments: