3/11/10

DAY 2: ON THE ROAD, HAMILTON TO PIOPIO

day 2 started off much tougher than day 1.. my host from the night before, stephen, rode the first 3okm or so with me before heading back to hamilton.. it was hot and i was tired and sore.. i managed about 100km (62 miles) and stopped at a pub in a small town called piopio.. so glad i stopped.. anna the manager of the bar/hotel was sitting there with a bunch of maori (indigenous) people and a bunch of local truckers also.. they bought me a couple beers and offered me some amazing 'boil up'.. it was so nice to relax as the sun faded away listening to these people tell stories, curse, and laugh in their heavy kiwi accents.. it was great to see the world through their eyes for a while.. afterwards they let me set up my tent next to the hotel and i slept quite heavily throught the rain.. great night, thanks anna!!!





No comments: