10/11/17

Well, I'm Back

After 28 internet-free months I have returned with mixed feelings to the internet.  The reason is because upon reaching Capetown S.A. - and being unable to find work - I decided to put my travels on pause and come back to Vietnam for a year to make money, after which I will go back to Capetown and continue.

Those 28 months are among the most memorable of my life.  Traveling without internet turned out to be (for me) beyond interesting - adding a depth and awareness-of-the-moment that my previous years lacked.

I will now begin the long process of catching up on this blog after many years of neglect.  I will begin where I left off: Hanoi 2015, then work my way chronologically through the years across Asia, The Himalayas, India and Africa.  The handful of readers this blog may have once had have surely been weened to larger, milkier teats - but this blog has always mainly been for my own memories, a kind of digital diary, so here goes...

3 comments:

Alan from Bali said...

Welcome back! I guess we all got to work sometimes. Can't wait to hear about the Himalayas!

Alan from Bali in 2010

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! It will be nice to reconnect and follow your adventures once again
Love Aunt Sue

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back. Looking forward to hearing about your journey.