4/9/11

West Malaysia - Thai border...

I got to Medan, Indonesia and started looking for a boat to Malaysia, but the locals said that the boats were discontinued due to how cheap flights were. So I was forced to fly, which only set me back about $35. I flew to Penang which is a cool little island off the coast of mainland Malaysia with a very diverse population. From there to the Thai border only took a couple days and it was a relaxed ride with nice roads. The Thai-Malay border at the Pengkalan Hulu/Bentong crossing was extremely laid back and an effortless cross...
I love Indonesian food, but after 10 months of it I was happy for some variety in the heavily Chinese-Indian populated island of Penang. This wonderful bowl of fresh Cantonese noodles and pork sold on the street sets one back about $1
A Cantonese mother pulling huge amounts of cooked noodles out of the water while her son quickly snips them into bowls with a pair of scissors..





No comments: