8/12/10

with my malay family in kuching

when i stumbled into kuching i was not in good shape, my body had all it could take and i was weak and looked like hell.. i immediately met some cyclists and they brought me to a local hangout, arif hotel, where there is a plaza and all the local cyclists gather before and after rides.. they summoned the 'clunny of borneo' aka piruz macpherson.. piruz, my 2nd father, is the king, he is a very nice guy for whom i have much respect.. he took me in and my 2 day trip to kuching turned into 2 weeks!! his wife caroline and daughters are such fun people and im proud they consider me family.. they all made me feel very comfortable and at home which was a nice change of pace from the nomadic gypsy lifestyle i now lead..
we went to national parks and saw orangutan (orang hutan 'forest people'), also saw crocodiles and ate soooo much amazing food (that is for another post!)
i enjoyed my time so much in kuching that i decided to look for work there and maybe spend a year, so we'll see..

No comments: